AFRI – Agricultural Economics and Rural Communities Program
Topic: Immigration, Business Development and Rural Development.
Date: March 21st 2011
Time: Between 2:00 and 3:30 pm EDT
Presenters: Dr. David Griffith, East Carolina University,
Rural Development in Regions Heavily Impacted by Immigration
Dr. Anastasia Snyder, Ohio State University,
Education, Careers and Migration of Rural Youth: What's Happening to Rural America's Future?
Dr. Linda Niehm, Iowa State University,
Rural Community Resiliency: Role of the Retail Sector in Easing Sudden and Slow Motion Economic Shocks
Dr. Terry Besser, Iowa State University,
Latino- and Women-Owned Businesses as Generators of Amenity-Rich Rural Towns in the Midwest and Northern Plains
Purpose: To disseminate research findings of AFRI funded projects and to identify future research needs. This webinar may be of use to researchers and policy makers interested in rural entrepreneurship; students and faculty interested in rural development; and potential applicants to the AFRI Agricultural Economics and Rural Communities program.
Technology: There is no preregistration. To take part in this webinar, on March 21 prior to 2:00 pm EDT:
· Open your internet browser and go to
In order to use the Adobe Connect system, your computer will need the following system requirements:
· Microsoft Windows XP Professional or Home Edition with Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista
· Internet Explorer 6+, Netscape Navigator 8.1+, Mozilla Firefox 1.5.03+, Mac OS X v10.4+, or Safari 2.0+
· Adobe Flash Player 10
· Broadband connection, and cookies enabled in browser
· Suresh Sureshwaran, 202-720-7536 or firstname.lastname@example.org